What is the SFP Coalition?
The SFP Coalition is a network comprising of independent EU and national advocacy organisations with technical expertise in tobacco control policy. Led by SFP, Coalition partners work to-gether to promote and support smoking prevention through the development of advocacy to-wards EU tobacco control policies through the development and implementation of the FCTC, its protocols and guidelines.
The main priority of the SFP Coalition is to promote forward-looking and evidence-based tobac-co control legislation in order to implement the FCTC in specific and cross-cutting policy areas, with an overarching goal of improving health and reducing health inequalities among EU citizens.
The SFP Coalition currently has 42 partners across Europe including SFP Main partners, Associate partners and Advocacy partners. The Coalition meets annually to discuss and agree advocacy priorities at EU and national level on specific areas.
SFP Coalition partners recognise the fundamental importance of strengthening cooperation on tobacco control policy in the EU through better communication of our actions and capacity-building regarding specific areas of the FCTC at European and national level.
How does the SFP Coalition work?
• SFP provides technical assistance to SFP Coalition partners regarding policy developments and programme initiatives related to tobacco control, allowing them to contribute to the policy making process at EU level
• SFP facilitates the exchange of information between the partners of the SFP Coalition regard-ing EU and national advocacy on smoking prevention and tobacco control to enable the Coa-lition to act cohesively
• SFP trains, mentors and supports the partners of the SFP Coalition so that they can engage with the EU in a consistent and coordinated manner
• SFP promotes tobacco control information and policy research at EU and national level, in collaboration with other EU health organisations and tobacco control organisations
• Coalition Partners keep SFP informed of major policy and strategic developments on tobacco control in their country
• Coalition Partners may ask the SFP Coalition to support specific national priorities either through letters, consultation submissions, or through public activities such as reports or press releases
The SFP Coalition is non-profit making, transparent and financially independent of industry, commercial and business or other conflicting interests. It is not a legal entity.
Read our Transparency Statement here.
SFP Coalition partners:
- Belgium/EU: International association of mutual benefit societies
- Belgium/EU: CPME: Standing Committee of European Doctors
- Belgium/EU: ECL: Association of European Cancer Leagues
- Belgium/EU: EHN: European Heart Network
- Belgium: Belgian Foundation against Cancer
- Belgium/EU: EuroHealthNet
- Belgium: Kom Op Tegen Kanker
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: PROI: Progressive Reinforcement of Organizations and Individuals
- Bulgaria: Smoke Free Life Coalition Bulgaria
- Czech Republic: Česko Bez Kouře
- Finland: Suomen ASH: Finland’s Action on Smoking and Health
- France: CNCT: Comité National Contre Le Tabagisme
- France: La Ligue contre le cancer
- Germany: ABNR: Aktionsbündnis Nichtrauchen
- Germany: Unfairtobacco
- International: FCA Framework Convention Alliance on Tobacco Control
- Ireland: ASH Ireland
- Ireland: Irish Cancer Society
- Italy: SITAB: Società Italiana di Tabaccologia
- Kosovo: Kosovo Advocacy and Development Center
- Lithuania: NTAKK: Lithuanian National Tobacco and Alcohol Control Coalition
- Macedonia: Institute for Public Health of the Republic of Macedonia
- Montenegro: Juventas
- Norway: Norwegian Cancer Society
- Poland: MANKO Association
- Portugal: CATR: Centro de Apoio, Tratamento e Recuperação
- Romania: ARPS: Asociatia Romana pentru Promovarea Sanatatii
- Romania: Asociatia Generatia Romania Sanatoasa 2035
- Serbia: Association „Health Mission“
- Serbia: Serbian Society for the Fight Against Cancer
- Slovenia: No Excuse Slovenia
- Slovenia: Slovenian Coalition for Public Health, Environment and Tobacco Control
- Spain: IDEPP: Grupo de I+D en Economía, Políticas Públicas y Salud
- Spain: XQNS!
- Sweden: Tobaksfakta - Independent Think Tank
- The Netherlands: Alliantie Nederland Rookvrij!
- The Netherlands: Dutch Cancer Society
- The Netherlands/EU: INWAT: International Network of Women against Tobacco Europe
- Turkey: Turkish National Coalition on Tobacco or Health
- UK: ASH (UK)
- UK: Cancer Research UK
- UK: UKCTAS: UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies
- UK: FRESH
- Ukraine: Life: Regional Advocacy Center