Slovenia adopts plain packaging
Brussels - Congratulations to SFP Coalition Partners No excuse Slovenia and Slovenian Coalition for Public Health, Environment and Tobacco Control for their tireless advocacy to support this legislation in the last year.
On 15 February the Slovenian Parliament adopted the draft law proposed by the government without a single vote against. Plain packaging is expected to enter into force in 2020.
Briefly, the new Slovenian Tobacco law includes:
- Plain packaging (65% coverage with health warnings and quitting information)
- Introduction of license for selling tobacco products,
- Total display and Tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship (TAPS) ban
- Prohibition of selling tobacco products with aromas and other aditives
- Prohibition of smoking in cars with a minor present
- Prohibition of smoking indoors including E-cigarettes
- Mystery shopping/test purchasing by underage,
- Measures of prevention of illicit trade
For more information please visit: https://www.sta.si/2356517/tobacni-zakon-naletel-na-siroko-poslansko-podporo
Tagged under# Partner News