Tobacco control bill adopted by the government of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo - SFP is glad to share the good news from Bosnia and Herzegovina and its partner PROI about adoption of tobacco control bill by the government.
On 16 February 2017, the government of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted the draft law on control and limited use of tobacco, tobacco products and other smoking products. In the upcoming months the law will be debated in the Parliament.
This bill includes:
- comprehensive smoking ban in all indoor public places; in all workplaces; in all public transport; in private cars if there is a minor present; at public gatherings;
- ban of sale of tobacco products to minors;
- ban of display of cigarettes at the retail level;
- ban of sale of tobacco products within 100 meters near schools;
- ban of tobacco products containing flavours, vitamins, caffeine, taurine, colours and other additives;
- comprehensive ban of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship.
Tagged under# Partner News